Welcome back! We couldn’t be more grateful to have our members back at Haven on the Lake. A huge thanks to everyone for being so conscientious of our CHAMP principles (Clean, Hygiene, Attitude, Monitor, Partner) to help keep us all safe and healthy.
While many things have changed in these past few months, Haven’s commitment to supporting your well-being remains the same. This “new normal” is a big adjustment for all, so below we’ve put together some guidelines to ease this transition and help you better understand the changes we’ve implemented to provide the safest environment possible at Haven. To learn more, you can also check out our FAQs page.
Entering the Building
Pre-registration for class is required prior to entering Haven. Due to space limitations, no drop-ins are currently allowed (and please cancel your reservation in the event that you can no longer make class!). Although our members are used to arriving up to 15 minutes early for class, we now ask that you arrive five minutes before your class start time. This gives our team adequate time to carry out the new sanitation measures and reduces the flow of people in and out at the same time.
Once you come through the doors, you’ll see arrows and signage directing the flow of foot traffic so that you enter and exit on different sides of the hall. To check in, swipe your card (no cash is accepted at this time). You’ll notice plexiglass shields in front of the scanner and credit card machine for your health and safety.
Every person entering Haven is required to wear a mask. We ask that you please wear your mask until class starts; you’re welcome to wear it throughout the class, but this isn’t required. Once class is over, kindly put it back on to exit the building.
Mats and Props
At this time, we request that members bring their own supplies. This includes yoga mats, water bottles, and any props you prefer to use (straps, bands, blocks, blankets, etc.). Spray bottles and disinfectant wipes are available so that you can clean your supplies after class.
The following amenities remain closed:
- Towel service
- Tea service
- Water dispensers and water fountains
- Stretching/yoga mats, bands, blocks, blankets and straps
- Steam room
- Salt room
- Locker rooms except for use of the restroom. Showers are available for rinsing off after pool users only.
What Haven Is Doing to Keep You Safe
Haven has implemented numerous safety precautions to protect our members and team. You can learn more here. These measures include (but are not limited to):
- The maximum capacity for class is nine students.
- Classes are staggered at different times to allow more space for new cleaning measures and to eliminate the need to bypass others.
- Instructors no longer provide physical assists or adjustments.
- Team members receive daily temperature checks when they arrive to work.
- All team members wear face masks that are refreshed daily and maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times.
- All team members are required to complete comprehensive training related to our enhanced cleanliness and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Airius PureAir fans have been installed throughout Haven that provide UV sanitation of the air, killing bacteria and viruses. For more information, click here.
- Increased thorough cleaning will be conducted using disinfectant recognized by the EPA as effective against COVID-19. This includes regular walk-throughs (no less than hourly) by our team to continually clean and sanitize high-touch areas.
- Increased sanitation stations are placed around Haven, including equipment wipes and spray bottles.
- Haven now has an Evaclean Protexus Electrostatic Sprayer which will be used each day on equipment and other fixtures around the facility. For more information, click here and here.
- Signage is placed throughout Haven highlighting physical distancing requirements, direction of traffic flow and sanitation guidelines.
- Some amenities and equipment are temporarily taken out of service to ensure proper physical distancing between members.
Even though things are certainly different, we feel so fortunate that Haven on the Lake is once again filled with your smiling faces. Again, a million thanks for your patience and resilience as we all adapt to new ways of operating!