Haven on the Lake offers the best in yoga teacher training in an amazing atmosphere.
These courses are perfect for those interested in teaching yoga, as well as students looking to expand their knowledge and bring their practice to the next level.
Haven on the Lake currently offers three courses:
- Yoga on the Wall Teacher Training, August 2018
- 100-Hour Raja Yoga Teacher Training: Meditation and Philosophy
- Life of a Yogi Teacher Training, February-June 2019
Yoga on the Wall Teacher Training
Aug. 25-26, 2018, $399
Space is limited, so please sign up early!
Classes Dates and Times
This weekend will provide you with a full working understanding of how to perform yoga on the wall. We will concentrate on learning basic and advanced postures. You will gain valuable knowledge of how versatile it can be to teach yoga on the wall. You will also learn how to use the various props that can be attached to the Yoga Wall™.
Both new and experienced instructors will gain valuable teaching knowledge while having a ton of fun. Who doesn’t love hanging off a wall and sinking into bliss?
Participants who complete this course will receive:
- 10 hours of Yoga Alliance CEUs
- Yoga Wall Level 1 Teaching Certificate
- Comprehensive manual
Benefits of using the yoga wall
- Lengthens the time you can hold in a pose.
- Improves flexibility.
- Increases awareness of proper alignment, which will help you in your off-the-wall practice.
- Allows people with injuries to access postures previously not attainable.
- Can be used for yoga therapy.
- The support of the prop makes postures accessible — even ones you thought you couldn’t do.
- Allows for creativity and taking yoga to the next level.
- Allows for greater spinal lengthening.
- Creates lift, extension, and length in postures.
Didn’t think you could teach an old dog new tricks? Try downward facing dog on our wall…
Level I and II yoga postures will be taught:
- Standing postures
- Seated postures
- Reclining postures
- Forward bends
- Back bends
- Shoulder sequence
- Spinal sequence
- Downward facing dog sequence
- Inverted sequence
- Hip sequence
- Basic class sequence
- Advanced class sequence
Location and contact information
Haven on the Lake
10275 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia
Facility phone: 410-715-3020
Located below Whole Foods Market across the street from The Mall at Columbia
For questions about the training or to talk directly to the instructor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-446-2544.
100-Hour Raja Yoga Teacher Training: Meditation and Philosophy
January-April 2019, one weekend per month
This training is led by accredited yoga teachers Gabrielle Sulc and Jennifer Randle, who teach at Haven on the Lake. With more than 2,000 combined hours of yoga certifications, Gabrielle and Jennifer are respected among the yoga community for their knowledge and dedication in the study and practice of yoga.
In this inspiring course, you will deepen your knowledge of yoga philosophy and meditation, including teaching techniques. The nature of this training is to go deeper into the latter four limbs of yoga.
Please possess one of the following before registering for this course: 200-hour teacher training certification; a consistent meditation practice; a degree or upbringing in Eastern Philosophy.
Dates and times:
January 11-13; February 1-3; March 8-10; and April 5-7.
Saturday, September 8 and Saturday, December 1
Guided meditation: 12:30-1pm, Q&A: 1-2pm
Regular tuition: $1,200
Discounted tuition: $995 (Graduates of Raja Yoga TT; Haven on the Lake members; military members)
Learn more at our Open House/Information Sessions!
Free guided meditation class from 12:30-1pm, Q&A from 1-2pm, held at Haven on the Lake.
- Saturday, September 8
- Saturday, December 1
Life of a Yogi Teacher Training
The Life of a Yogi Teacher Training course is led by Gabrielle Sulc (Yogini Kali Om), an experienced teacher with more than 1,100 hours of teacher training certifications (E-RYT 500). She has taught at Haven on the Lake from the very beginning and is passionate about bringing students to the next level in their practice.
The teacher training program is registered with Yoga Alliance as a 200 RYT and is appropriate for those interested in teaching — as well as students who have an interest in expanding their knowledge in the practice and theory of yoga. These trainings usually sell out, and space is limited. Please spread the word in your classes and to anyone who you think may be interested in signing up!
This is an exceptional opportunity to learn the teachings and practices of master teacherSri Dharma Mittra. The course exceeds the curriculum standards and is intended to be a transformative experience for prospective teachers and established yoga practitioners.
Some of the topics covered in this course include:
- The eight limbs of yoga, as outlined in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- History and philosophy of yoga through reading and discussion on classical yoga texts.
- Techniques for the practice and teaching of asana, pranayama and meditation, as taught by Sri Dharma Mittra.
- Anatomy and physiology of the human body and applied anatomy in yoga postures.
- Posture alignment, assists and adjustments.
- Teaching methods and sequencing.
- Use of props and variations for physical limitations.
- Business and ethics of teaching yoga
Prerequisites for this course:
- At least one year of continuous yoga practice.
- Past or current practice w/Sri Dharma, Yogini Kali, or a Dharma Yoga teacher. Dharma Mittra’s online videos or DVDs are applicable.
- A receptive attitude.
- Ability to be physically present for training days and weekends.
- Completed application for review and acceptance with $500 deposit.
Haven on the Lake, 10275 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, Maryland. We are located in the Whole Foods building on the lower level.
Dates and times:
This class takes place over the course of eight weekends in 2019.
- Friday, Feb. 22-Sunday, Feb. 24
- Friday, March 15-Sunday, March 17
- Friday, March 29-Sunday, March 31
- Friday, April 12-Sunday, April 14
- Friday, April 26-Sunday, April 28
- Friday, May 17-Sunday, May 19
- Friday, May 31-Sunday, June 2
- Friday, June 14-Sunday, June 16
One day will be spent with Sri Dharma at The Dharma Yoga Center in New York City.
Click here to register!
$2,750 early bird registration (by Nov. 1, 2018)
$2,950 regular registration (after Nov 1, 2018)
All teacher training students will receive FREE membership to Haven on the Lake for the duration of the training.
Additional costs: Required reading texts (reading list sent upon application approval).
Learn more at our Open House/Information Sessions!
Free class from 10:10-11:10am, Q&A from 11:10am-noon, held at Haven on the Lake.
- Saturday, September 15
- Saturday, October 6
- Saturday, January 5
- Saturday, February 2